Quik Corp is proud to announce a contract to supply over 400 Ultra-light Fire Appliances with The Department of Environment and Primary Industries in Victoria.
The contract is worth in excess of 20 million dollars over 5 years and features the latest in ultra-light attack appliance technology incorporating a modular and functional design. The unit can be removed if needed and also be accessorised with purpose-built land care attachments for the full requirements for a forestry application. Designed to suit the Mercedes Benz G Wagon platform, it incorporates the engineering excellence of both organisations, to provide a safe and functional appliance for fighting high-risk forest fires in a traditionally intolerable environment. In collaboration with The Department QCFE also designed and certified a FOPS system that will ensure maximum safety from falling trees for firefighters in the vehicle cabin.
The unit features:
1. Custom-built storage and locker configurations that ensure efficiency and ease of use for the firefighter.
2. Tyre handler for automated tyre lift and lower
3. 620 litre Tank
4. RFR4 Hose Reel fitted with 19mm ID Horizon flame-resistant hose
5. Hatz 1B40 Diesel 12V electric start and Davey Firefighter twin impeller pump
6. Falling Object Protection Structure
For more information on our range of light attack fire vehicles please contact us.